eFriend is for people
- Living in Australia.
- Aged 18 years and over.
- Feeling low, lonely, stressed or isolated, and would like someone to talk to.
- Feeling down about the current state of the world right now.
- Feeling stressed about your circumstances and worried about your future.
- Feeling isolated due to Covid-19 or other illnesses and want to share your experiences and worries with someone.
- Experiencing limited mobility, making it difficult to get out into the community and socialise.
eFriend is not a crisis line and cannot be accessed 24/7.
The best way for someone to learn about eFriend and to book a call is via the website icla.org.au/efriend
How does it work?
- eFriend sessions go for 30 mins each.
- Sessions are booked at least 1 day in advance.
- You can receive up to 15 calls – usually scheduled weekly but can be customised.
- After your intro call, you will speak to the same eFriend peer each week – no need to repeat your story every time!
“I believe this service is incredibly valuable and I have referred other people to it after having such a positive experience myself.”
– eFriend Participant
Who is it for?
If you’re over 18 and living in Australia, we’re ready to chat! Don’t worry, there are no hidden costs involved. The eFriend program is funded by the Australian Federal Government and is 100% free for participants over the entire program.
In a recent evaluation of eFriend completed by the Black Dog Institute, over 85% of participants surveyed said they were either extremely or very satisfied with the program.