Bondi PARC is a Prevention and Recovery Centre developed in partnership between South East Sydney Local Health District Mental Health Service (SESLHD MHS) and Independent Community Living Australia (ICLA).
Bondi PARC focuses on early intervention and recovery promotion to provide more intensive community support or avoid hospital admission (step up), as well as providing residential support services following discharge from hospital (step down).
Bondi PARC provides a safe, therapeutic space to support and empower people to work on their personal recovery journey and community integration.
The focus of Bondi PARC is to:
- Improve mental health outcomes of people with a severe mental illness who become acutely unwell
- Prevent avoidable admissions to acute units and avoidable re-admissions following an acute episode.
- Bondi PARC can support guests for a maximum of 28 days stay. The site is staffed 24 hours, 7 days per week by Mental Health Support Workers, Peer Workers and Clinical staff.
Bondi PARC is an 8-bedroom residential home located in Bondi, close to Bondi Junction.
The house offers guests a welcoming home-like environment to focus on their personal recovery.
Referrals to Bondi PARC
Bondi PARC is suitable for people who:
- Reside within the SESLHD catchment area and/or have a pathway to accommodation upon their expected exit from the PARC.
- Are between 18-64 years of age.
- Require mental health-related support as their primary support (i.e. not better served by detox/AOD for those presenting with substance use).
For more information on Bondi PARC please contact us via email to PARC@icla.org.au